A-Freaking-Mazing, this totally trumps those Bears that ride motorcycles.
Monday, April 30, 2012
Friday, April 27, 2012
Something has been racking my brain for a couple weeks now and finally I'm just going to come out with it because it is starting to bother me.
Is Paulina Gretzky the perfect girl?
At least on the surface she might be. For all I know she could be a stuck-up princess, but lets look at the facts.
- She's stunning. She's a spitting image of her Mother Janet. You may know Janet Jones from your own Mother's video collection in the early-90s.
- Her Dad is Wayne Gretzky. The Great One. Is their a better potential Father-in-law? Seriously, he's the hands down greatest of all-time at what he did, and it's low profile compared to the other major sports. Not everyone-a huge majority, but not all- would recognize Wayne in the everyday world unlike a Michael Jordan, Cal Ripken, or Joe Montana. And he's Canadian so you know he's a laid back, fun guy. Wayne loves golf, has a very successful wine business, and has a palatial estate in Arizona. Wouldn't you like to play a round with him?
- She probably has more money than she knows what to do with. See: Father.
- Money might have something to do with this, but her parents have aged incredibly well, as if I haven't established she comes from incredible genetics.
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Monday, April 16, 2012
Rough start to the Twins season at a 2-7 record, can't say I'm totally surprised, they were in games against the Angels and Rangers, but just didn't have the sheer talent those teams had. The comeback victory against LA last Thursday was great however. Really can't stress enough how disappointing the sweep against Baltimore was. Not because they played poorly, but because, again, you want to play Baltimore in August when they're 20 games out. Opening series? They're fresh and have the will to live. Bad scheduling by MLB. Seriously though, look what playing for Baltimore has done to infielder Robby Andino...
- The only bright spot for the Twins so far this year Josh Willingham was named the AL player of the week.
- Justin Morneau will make his first start at 1st base tonight and has been bumped to the 5 hole in the lineup with Willingham breaking up lefties Joe Mauer and Morneau
- Speaking of Morneau, before his concussion in 2010, his stat line read 296 at-bats .345/18/56. In his 298 at-bats since? .225/5/32. Yeesh.
- Future starting middle infielder Brian Dozier is off to a hot start at AAA Rochester batting .395 with a .465 on-base percentage. Carroll is a pro's pro and a call-up of Dozier is inevitable, by June 1st the team will be better if Alexi Casilla can be moved to a utility role where he's got decent value.
Always a big series in New York, going forward I would just let it ride and see what you have with the likes of Liam Hendricks in the starting rotation, some of the no-name bullpen arms, and keep your ears open if someone inquires about a trade. If you can get someone for Carl Pavano at the deadline I'd jump for it and especially Denard Span who you really could get a quality prospect for *cough* Red Sox *cough*. At the very least don't let a probable poor on field season steer you clear of Target Field.